Safety and Accreditations
Safety is, of course, a top priority for us which is why we pre-plan every aspect of each expedition and don't leave anything to chance. We have an impeccable safety record. We know exactly where our teams will be at all times: where they are eating, where they are sleeping, what transport they are using, and contingency plans are in place for every aspect of the expedition before the teams leave the UK.
Membership & Registration
- In summer 2013 we were inspected and first awarded the LOtC Quality Badge, which is a nationally recognised indicator of quality educational provision and effective risk management
- Far Frontiers Expeditions is a fully inspected member of the Expedition Providers' Association - dedicated to promoting standards in safety and quality on overseas trips.
- Far Frontiers Expeditions is a fully bonded tour operator and complies with The Package Travel Regulations 1992
- We were the first Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Approved Activity Provider (AAP)
- We are a member of Young Explorers' Trust - a national charity dedicated to promoting safe and responsible expeditions for young people.
- We are registered with the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (ATOL) – Registration No. 9281
- We are working with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to help British nationals stay safe abroad. The FCO’s Know Before You Go (KBYG) provides straightforward travel advice, top tips and up-to-date country information to help you plan your time abroad
- Meticulous planning - our experienced operations team and in-country partners plan every aspect of the expedition to ensure nothing is left to chance and every aspect is safe. We know exactly where the team will be at all times, what transport they will be using, and what accomodation they will be staying in
- Constant review of our overall expedition process using our Risk Analysis and Management System (RAMS).
- Experienced and qualified Far Frontiers Expedition Leaders (FFEL) are carefully assigned to each expedition to ensure each expedition is deliverered to extremely high, and safe standards
- Each FFEL carries specialist medical kits and are qualified first aiders
- All stakeholders ‘buy into’ and follow our robust policies and procedures surrounding all aspects of the expedition such as safety, behaviour and safeguarding
- Compliant with the British Standard BS8848 -the standard for overseas expeditions and fieldwork
During the expedition
- In addition to our full time staff being available around the clock, all of our expeditions are supported by Pharos Response, a dedicated team of crisis management specialists.
- Each leader is issued with a Satellite Phone so can be in constant contact wherever they are on the planet. The SatPhones we use are purpose built for the most reliable satellite network in the world and offer global coverage
- 24/7 UK based expedition support from full time, experienced Far Frontiers Expedition staff
- We have a ground team in every country to react to any situations and seamlessly provide additional dedicated transport, alternative accommodation or activity arrangements if necessary
Quality in-country partners in every country
- We have a global network of expert in-country partners who we have personally appointed, having travelled with them and maintain constant lines of communication with them, meeting as regularly as necessary.
- Our in-country operations teams are well-established & maintain a strong infrastructure of contacts, employ permanent highly trained staff and maintain excellent local communications
- We insist on high-quality transportation
- Top quality safety equipment is provided for relevant activities (life jackets, helmets, harnesses etc)
- We provide quality food and accommodation on every expedition
- We have a close working relationship with embassies, high commissions and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
All of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to the CAA website